Would really like to know.
Here are some things I’ve tried:
* Oil of Oregano – a tried and true favorite
* Airborne – the vitamins, electrolytes, and amino acids tablet that tastes like fanta when you put it in water
* Wellness vitamins/herbs/aminoacids
* Hyland’s homeopathic anti-flu tablets
Here are some things suggested online:
* Dress warmly when you go outside – cover hands, head (and nose?). And get as much sunlight as posisble to build your immune system.
* Gargle daily with water (just simply gargling once a day with water, and keeping hands washed regularly), some Japanese researchers show, but other researchers attribute the effect to placebo.
* Make sure to get outdoors for part of the day and get some sunlight (don’t spend all day indoors).
* Multivitamins are a good idea (many sources all over the web)
* Ginseng supplements may be a good idea
* Drink lots of fluids, gargle with saltwater to make the throat feel better, be in a place with more humidity, and (ta-ta!) chicken soup (I like this article)
* Most importantly, water, fluids, soups, liquids – to hydrate your body so that it can repair faster
* Lots of Vitamin C and chicken soup (also potentially cold-eeze and homeopathy)
* Suggestions from you guys: lots of sleep (Virginia), ginseng (Toby), ummm, bourbon (thanks, Scott). :)
What do you suggest?
Q: What’s your best remedy for warding off a cold BEFORE it happens?
Friday is Question Friday. Would love to know what you suggest! Thanks.