* In a job interview, he who names the salary first loses.
* In a discussion with a teenager, he who loses his temper first loses.
* In a triathalon, he who starts off first often loses.
* At work, he who insists his way is the right way loses.
* In relationships, he who insists that there’s only one way to see things loses.
* In competitive skating, gymnastics (and other sports of an aesthetic nature), the skater or gymnast who goes first loses.
* In a sprint, he who starts off out front often wins.
* In pool, he who starts first often wins.
* In apologizing, he who goes first often wins.
* In starting a project off, he who is assertive and starts first on a productive note often wins, in many cases taking the entire team towards that win.