Karen Salmansohn, host of the daily radio program “Be Happy, Dammit” has invited me to guest-produce a segment of her program.
We’ll be focusing on HAPPINESS and WORK.
By the end of the program, you’ll know:
* Several new techniques for becoming happier at work
* What the research says about happiness at work
* The ONE main suggestion from each panelist for becoming happier at work
Margaret Greenberg, President of the Greenberg Group â€“ an organizational effectiveness consulting and coaching practice
David J. Pollay, Syndicated columnist with the North Star Writers Group, and is president of TheMomentumProject.com, an international training and consulting organization
Doug Turner, Vice President of HR for the Washington, DC division of Balfour Beatty Construction company
Senia Maymin, Workshops and coaching for positive management and Editor-in-Chief of PositivePsychologyNews.com
All the guests are writers at PositivePsychologyNews.com.
*** “At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?”
Only 20% of people can answer YES to this question. (Gallup data)
*** People feel that they enjoy leisure much more than work,
but it turns out surprisingly that people achieve the state of “flow” – when they
lose track of time and get “into the zone” – people achieve this more at work than in leisure.
Here are the segments I’ve asked the panel to prepare for each of the four 11-minute segments:
1) How has your business outlook changed since learning about Positive Psychology?
2) What are your favorite findings in Positive Psychology that can be applied to business?
3) What are some findings that you WISH would be applied to businesses? That you wish businesses and individuals at work would take on?
4) What is the ONE THING you would recommend to someone listening to implement at work starting today?
Feel free to email ahead of the show with questions: senia [at] senia [dot] com