I gave an intro course on Positive Psychology a few days ago, and folks asked me for recommended Positive Psychology books. Here are my TOP TEN recs.
Recommendations for Books on Positive Psychology?
Number 1 – This is the definitive MUST READ:
Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman
Number 2 – This is where a lot of the original research came from:
Learned Optimism by Martin Seligman
Number 3 – This is like the non-textbook textbook on the field.
A Primer in Positive Psychology by Chris Peterson
Number 4 –
Flow by Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi
Number 5 –
The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
Number 6 –
Happier by Tal Ben-Shahar
Number 7 –
The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz
* What You Can Change and What You Can’t by Martin Seligman
* The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky
* Stumbling on Happiness by Dan Gilbert
* Mindset by Carol Dweck
* Positive Psychology Coaching by Robert Biswas-Diener and Ben Dean
* Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain by Sharon Begley
* The Resilience Factor by Karen Reivich and Andrew Shatte
* Aging Well by George Vaillant
* Handbook of Positive Psychology edited by C.R. Snyder and Shane J. Lopez
* The Appreciative Inquiry Summit by James Ludema et al.